help!!!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help!!!!
Sunday, February 20, 2005 11:28 AM
i got my oil changed last week and when i popped my hood open i noticed they forgot to put the cap back on so i got a cap at auto parts but not before talking to place they said that cant be b.c ur oil would be spitting everywhere and i have been seeing some liquid looking **** by the front of my car (next to the hood) on the passenger side next to the front lights and even after i got the cap on it still does it, i think its a leak in the coolant b.c its on that side but i dunno, when its foggy outside the liquid is some type of white stuff

pleaz help

Re: help!!!!
Sunday, February 20, 2005 1:24 PM
I hope you topped up your oil after discovering the cap was gone. You went a week before discovering your cap was not on?

Then you went back to the place that lost your cap - they didn't volunteer to replace it so you bought another one somewhere else?

My talk would have included having them paying the cost of; replacing the cap, the extra oil, and the charge you will occur when you have your vehicle checked out by a qualified mechanic/dealer to insure that your vehicle hasn't been damaged driving without/low on oil!

Your grammer is, sorry to say - terrible, so I have a hard time reading what your saying. A white milky liquid indicates a water-oil mix. At best your engine, which should be covered in dripping oil, is mixing with snow/water as your drive, at worst, you have run out of oil, overheated and blown the coolant gasket. Your no longer driving an engine lubricated with oil, but water and casing severe mechanical damage.

Check your oil - if its milky white too, don't drive the car, have it towed to your repair facility (NOT the guy who left the cap off in the first place). Your car is done.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search