K&N Air Filters - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
K&N Air Filters
Monday, February 21, 2005 8:42 AM
Anyone tried using a K&N air filter in their Sunfire or Cavy? If so, do you feel that there is any noticeable improvement in performance over the stock filter? Is it worth the extra $30? Thanks in advance for any input.

Re: K&N Air Filters
Monday, February 21, 2005 9:06 AM
i use it on my older cavy.....not for performance....but for fuel economy and longevity....if you plan on keeping the car and want a stock setup then a K&N air Filter is the way to go

Monday, February 21, 2005 9:18 AM
if you just change it with your stock filter your not going to feel little to nothing at all for performance, but if you go with an intake kit you will notice more power, ALOT better MPG for awhile (then it will go back to normal, atleast mine did) and it will be like an exhaust for the front of your car, i love how my exhaust sounds like twice as loud to me with it in. not to mention it looks good! but besides that just a filter swap you wont notice anything unless if its coming from your head.
Monday, February 21, 2005 1:25 PM
i love my k&n best filter i ever purchased. like they say not very good performance wise but good for value in the long run...

Monday, February 21, 2005 1:53 PM
Well, the reason I mentioned the performance aspect was that K&N is currently advertising something like a 10 horsepower gain in one of the Honda models. I know the tendency to over-hype their filter performance, but I would assume that for them to make this claim in a national advertisement, it would have to be based on some authenticated dynomometer test results. And since K&N claims better air flow, it seems reasonable to expect some small HP improvement, although maybe unnoticeable under normal driving conditions. Thanks for the replies.

Monday, February 21, 2005 3:26 PM
You will notice a slight difference, more in the throttle response than anything.

Monday, February 21, 2005 3:42 PM
1 hp. I like them because you can clean them and reuse them. Have one on every SF.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Monday, February 21, 2005 6:26 PM
Possibly the largest discussion board on the web about air filters ---

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi
Monday, February 21, 2005 7:32 PM
u can reuse them and dont get dirty as quickly.

minimal hp gains are gotten from them.

-Borsty
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search