Throttle body - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Throttle body
Sunday, February 20, 2005 6:22 PM
I'm putting on my new intake system this weekend and i'm just wondering if i should clean the throttle body. Also what product would be best in doing so?

Re: Throttle body
Sunday, February 20, 2005 9:33 PM
i dont think you should touch it at all the whole point being that it there not suppose to be any form of dirt in it. thats why you have a filter to prevent dirt for going into your motor. everytime you expose the TB itself you should cover it.

Monday, February 21, 2005 3:28 PM
There's nothing wrong with cleaning your throttle body. If you've never cleaned it before, get a couple can's of carb cleaner. Take the TB off and spray the heck out of it. An old toothbrush also can help get the more stubbord stuff off. Clean it out real good and put it back on. Make sure you keep track of which bolts came from which corner.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:09 AM
I'd just dump some SeaFoam or GM topengine cleaner in there while you got it apart.....you could use a brush to clean the rim of the TB first then just follow the directions on the can. That stuff works wonders.

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:20 AM
exactly what they said^^ Just because dirt is NOT SUPPOSE to get in there doesnt mean that it never does. Besides it cant hurt anything to clean it up.

Jim
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search