Weird turn signal problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weird turn signal problem
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:49 PM
Tonight my turn signals started acting up on my '03 Cavalier. The right rear turn signal stopped working, and the bulb no longer gets bright when I hit the brakes. However, the bulb lights up when the headlights are on. Also, if I have cruise control on and activate my left turn signal, the CC turns off...

So I'm thinking that the turn signal assembly on the column is going bad. Does this sound about right to anyone else? Also, does anyone know what they cost?

Thanks!

Re: Weird turn signal problem
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 8:52 PM
the bumb is dual filiment, it might just need a bulb

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:12 PM
there is a recall for such a thing
go to the dealer and have them fix it

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 9:16 PM
The recall is for burned out tail lights only, which incidentally burned out on me 32,000 miles ago...I replaced them and greased them properly... Also, the light still works, its just not receiving the correct signal (i.e. headlights on = light on; brake on or turn signal on = nothing).
Wednesday, February 23, 2005 4:29 PM
like I said its dual filiment bulb, one filiment will light up for headlights/parking lights, the other filiment lights up for brake and turn signal

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 10:20 PM
the recall is not for burnt out tail lights, the recall is for a bad connection between the bulb and the socket. And what you described is exactly what the recall notice said when you got it in the mail. take it to the dealership, if they give you that excuse again take it to another dealership. I had mine worked on before it was technically a recall, trust me.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search