LIghts - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
LIghts
Saturday, February 26, 2005 4:51 PM
Ok so i ran into another problem. My running lights work, my highbeams work, but my regular lights don't work at all just my runnings stay on. I tried to change bulbs but this did not solve the problem. What could i troubleshoot next.

Melsunfire@aol.com

Re: LIghts
Saturday, February 26, 2005 5:17 PM
Take it in.. common problem.. Electrical problem Mel.. Shouldnt cost too much.. I live in canada and it only put me back 100 bucks with 99% of the money going to labour lol..
Saturday, February 26, 2005 7:42 PM
could be the relay for your headlights.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:39 AM
Melissa, if you gently pull the turn signal towards you while the headlights are switched on, do they magically work? This would indicate a failed combination switch. I hear this is fairly common. I had to replace this switch on a 97 sunfire a few months back. it wasn't easy, but it was do-able. I posted the detailed procedure also, it's still in the archives if you need it.
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 1:42 PM
Quote:

Melissa, if you gently pull the turn signal towards you while the headlights are switched on, do they magically work? This would indicate a failed combination switch. I hear this is fairly common. I had to replace this switch on a 97 sunfire a few months back. it wasn't easy, but it was do-able. I posted the detailed procedure also, it's still in the archives if you need it.

This is exactly what it is, I had same problem. If you fiddle with the switch when the car is warm inside does it work then? Mine I could get to work if I got the switch to be warm (50 degrees F or more)
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:21 AM
Mike M wrote:
Quote:

This is exactly what it is, I had same problem. If you fiddle with the switch when the car is warm inside does it work then? Mine I could get to work if I got the switch to be warm (50 degrees F or more)

very common failure. i'm a gm tec and i work in a warranty claims dept. i buy so many multifunction switchs on ALL kinds of GM vehicles

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search