Loose Back Seat - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Loose Back Seat
Monday, February 28, 2005 1:46 PM
I noticed the bottom cushion of the back seat in my mom's '98 Cavalier was loose while i was doing some minor maintenance stuff on it. I took a look at it and I can vaguely guess how it goes together. There are these black plastic clips underneath the seat but they're not connected to anything, they're just rattling around in that little enclosure of theirs.

The problem is that I can't even begin to imagine how they're supposed to be attached. I messed with them for a bit but they're really tough to move around. If anybody can lead me to some pictures showing how they're supposed to be arranged I would very much appreciate the help.

Jim

Re: Loose Back Seat
Monday, February 28, 2005 2:13 PM
if you look there is 2 locations on the black clips that a rod should go through (snap in )

they will corispond with 4 rods on the bottom of the seat , they are kinda a bitch to snap back into the rods

unfortunatly this is where a picture is worth a thousand words , and i dont have a pic

Monday, February 28, 2005 3:26 PM
So they don't actually attach to the metal housing they're in? Just to the seat bottom? Boy, this is gonna be fun, I can tell already....

Merci Buckets for the info, though. Like I said, I had no clue how those things were supposed to work at all.

Jim
Monday, February 28, 2005 6:46 PM
this is more of an interior issue (not trying to be a jerk) but u may get better help there

-Borsty
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:55 AM
Clip them to the seat bottom first, each clip attaches to two metal bars in the seat bottom. Once they're attached to the seat bottom, line the up on the holes and put some weight on them, they should snap right in.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:41 PM
Success! Thanks for the help, guys. My initial theory on how the clips went was way off. I would've been scratching my head over this for some time if you hadn't pointed me in the right direction.

Thanks again,
Jim
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search