Vert Door slider piece and left turn knocks - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Vert Door slider piece and left turn knocks
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 6:45 AM
I've tried searching but found nothing on either topic.

I have a 2000 Convertible and a little while ago a little slider piece I guess broke in my door around the mirror area. Now since its a vert I guess this is an important piece with lack of door frame and all. Now my window rattles inside my door when its down and the allignment when its up is off now and makes a whistling noise when driving.
Has anyone had this problem, not sure if its common.

Also, lately when I take left U-Turns or tight left turns in general at low speeds, I get a knocking noise from the steering. My 97 LS just got a recall about something along the lines of this, wondering if it got passed onto the 00-02 as well.

The steering I don't care to much about but the window is a pain. If anyone can help me I'd greatly appreciate it.

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.

Re: Vert Door slider piece and left turn knocks
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:15 AM
i had a knocking when i turned either way. it was in the middle of the steering shaft where the gears link together. i had broke a couple of teeth of the geats. i also hit a curb doing 25mph. i couldn't see the d#$# curb. it was very dark and a very oddly designed road. but unless you hit a curb i would say the knock might be a ball joint

New sig in the works
Re: Vert Door slider piece and left turn knocks
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 11:47 AM
Actually, I had accident a while ago where had to avoid a accident in front of me and to avoid it I hit a curb going 50mph. You think that the dealership missed this when they took a month to repair the car?

How many steps to heaven, Doc?
...Ah, metaphysics.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search