CEL Code P0137 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
CEL Code P0137
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:39 AM
My car threw a CEL,so I went to autozone and had the code read. Something like low voltage to Oxygen Sensor bank one. Has anybody else had this problem?

Not looking to pay much to get it fixed..... The guy at autozone thought it might be a bad wire or something to the O2 sensor.

Thanks.

--04 Blazing Copper Mazda 6 s

Re: CEL Code P0137
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:28 AM
It could have something to do with your exhaust. I have a full exhaust and I throw a random O2/cat code a couple of times a year and then it doesn't come back after I clear it.

Proud member of Gateway J-Body Owners
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:25 AM
Last night on my way home from work the CEL went off. Has yet to come back on today. Car is running great, so i'm not worried.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 12:49 PM
I think that its your oxygen sensor in your exhuast manifold. Could be going bad.

Thursday, March 03, 2005 6:20 PM
probably a o2 that is not producing voltage right any more the precious metal in the o2 do go bad, or you have a lean fuel mixture. Most likely the first.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Friday, March 04, 2005 7:18 AM
Thanks guys....i'll get that changed out and see if this helps. It's weird cause the CEL was on...then it went off...then on.....and now it's off again. Just during the past week.

Friday, March 04, 2005 7:23 AM
I had the same code, and same thing happen with the CEL light turning on and off. I drove my car like that for almost a year with the CEL turning on, then turning off like a week later. I replaced the O2 sensor myself and haven't had the CEL light come back...it's definately your problem - a cheap and easy fix.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search