cooling system airlocked??????????uuuhhhh!!!!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
cooling system airlocked??????????uuuhhhh!!!!!
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:26 AM
I overheated my car because my accident caused the side of the radiator to split open. I beleave the head gasket is fried and the head may be cracked. I bleed the system and have had it vacuumed out. At idle its fine but as soon as i brig the idle up or drive it for about a min or 2 it overheats and the upper hose gets airlocked. I then bleed a sh*t load of air out and do it all over again. I think the gasket and/or head is gone and the compression is bleeding off into the cooling system. I have done a compression test and its ok but the motor has 140,000 miles so they will be a little lower than spec. My next step is to hook up a cooling system presssure tester and start her up to see if it builds pressure automatically after i bleed the initial system pressure. Anyone have any other ideas or have had this problem before, Thank you in advance for any help.

3800 series II supercharged swap in progress
Not now, but someday!

Re: cooling system airlocked??????????uuuhhhh!!!!!
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 10:27 AM
oh and by the way its a 96 cavalier 2.2 5 speed. Im not using the motor because im doing a 3800 swap but would like to fix the motor before i sell it. thanks

3800 series II supercharged swap in progress
Not now, but someday!
Re: cooling system airlocked??????????uuuhhhh!!!!!
Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:08 PM
if u have a cracked head and a blown headgasket, then to fix it wouldnt be worth the amount you could sell it for.

-Borsty
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search