Squeaky 2200 - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Squeaky 2200
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:36 AM
I have a 2000 Sunfire with the 2200 engine. The engine lately has been sounding like it was squeaking, not the regular 2200 knock, a squeak. When i popped the hood and tried to isolate the sound, it seemed like it was coming from the serpintine belt area. I talked to my finace's dad who is a mechanic and he said that the pully bearings are probably bad and i need to replace the pullys. just wondering if anybody else has had this problem. The car is at about 175,000 km or about 108,000 miles. If anybody has any input, i'd love to hear it.

-Rob

Re: Squeaky 2200
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 12:39 PM
if you can't "just hear it" use a stethoscope to better isolate a noise.... don't just randomly replace parts that "may" squeek" there is a HUGE diffrence between a mechanic, and a PARTS CHANGER.....
Re: Squeaky 2200
Thursday, March 03, 2005 5:51 AM
I'm not saying were just gonna swap a bunch of parts and cross our fingers. He is a registered mechanic and has been for 15 years. We are pretty sure that is the problem and we are gonna bring it into the shop just to make sure. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem or if anybody knows when the bearings usually go bad to give us a better idea.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search