Help, Believe it's the Ign. Switch.. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Help, Believe it's the Ign. Switch..
Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:22 AM
In my 97 2.2 5spd, Complete with leaking injector's, When i turn my ignition over to start it, Nothing. Check light's for power, Thier bright. Try push starting it, Nothing. Im being led to believe that the Ignition switch finally took a dump on me [Isnt thier a Re-call on them, anyway's?, I know there was on my 95..]

If you guy's got any suggestion's, as to what to do to diagnose it, I'd appreciate it.

Re: Help, Believe it's the Ign. Switch..
Sunday, January 30, 2005 1:50 AM
ign switch isnt hard to replace but it is not cheap....have your starter checked before you jump to the ign switch.... push starting doesnt always work

Sunday, January 30, 2005 8:53 AM
recall was for ign switch fire prevention. All they do is put a relay in line with the starter. Problem only occurs when people start car, shut off, start car, shut off repeatedly for a couple of mins. <br>

Can you keep up?
Sunday, January 30, 2005 10:05 AM
Suspect it's just a ground wire (or hot wire) to the starter that's come lose......

Common and easily fixed.....

Give this a try, let us know.....

You'll probably be O.K......
Sunday, January 30, 2005 10:53 AM
Hmm, Didnt even think about Checking the wire's.. :doh:

Will do that in a few.
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:26 PM
I know im a bit late, But, Checked the Starter wire's, Thier tight. About a week ago, It started, First turn. Drove her to Autozone to see if they could pull the code's. They couldnt. Went back home, Parked it.

Next morning got up to go take my nephew to school, It had rained all night, Got in it, Turned it over, Same problem.

Im thinking it's something getting wet / moist, Not letting it turnover.

Talked to a buddy of mine about it, He said it may be the IGN Coil. Anybody have any other suggestion's on thing's / Way's to check, Before i go shell out the cash?
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search