motor blew for the forth time - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
motor blew for the forth time
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:28 PM
well today my motor blew. my first motor was when i bought the car the oil light came on then two seconds later it threw a rod. so i got one from the junkyard. about two weeks later the same thing happened but it just spun a rod bearing. it was still under warranty so they got me another one. that motor did the same thing. so i got another motor from a different junkyard then had it rebuilt by a reputble shop. as i was driving home from work the oil light came on again and then it started knocking. i dont understand it the oil never got low and the engine never overheated. so i dont know what to do. has anybody had this problem any help would be appreciated thanks. the motor is a 2.4

Re: motor blew for the forth time
Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:34 PM
I'd get an entirely different car. You're never going to trust your car, not after 4 engines.

---

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:43 PM
sorry to hear that man maybe you should take the train..... or just get a new car.

I noticed in your profile it says 75 shot! now by chance would all of these motors been sprayed upon?

Thursday, March 03, 2005 7:50 PM
maybe the oil pump went bad.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, March 04, 2005 9:31 PM
If four engines are going bad on you right away, I'd look more at how you're driving or maintaining them... Four engines in that period of time starts to go past just bad luck...

With that said, I would definately have the shop that built it look at it, as you must have gotten some form of warranty?

If you're spraying it, then maybe you shouldn't With that said, a NOS screw-up would likely cause piston problems/explosions, not so much bottom end problems. Maybe your NOS is... spraying into the oil?

I dunno man, but something is wrong with more then the motor at this point, IMO.
Friday, March 04, 2005 9:36 PM
From another current thread listing problems with the 2.4L:
tommyZ24 wrote:water pump..interior noises..skweeks ..rattles..also if u drive fast and take a turn really fast at high rpm..the engine goes...hahah #3 spins a bearing

I know the 3.0L turbo'd straight six in my Supra will be starved for oil to the rear two rod bearings if you corner hard... The problem is negated by installing an oil baffle shield to stop oil from being whipped around by the crank, and then over filling the engine by 1L of oil. Perhaps a solution like this would work for the 2.4L? Any half-decent engine shop could custom make an oil baffle for your engine, if there isn't already an aftermarket one available...
Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:31 AM
i sprayed a 50 shot on the first motor. i also had the autotrans interceptor but the tranny started making noises so i tok it off. i kept everything maintained very well. changed the oil every 2000 miles, and bought everything for a tune up on every motor. i only use the car to go to work i get on it every once in a while but that shouldnt hurt it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search