Problem Starting - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Problem Starting
Friday, March 04, 2005 1:57 PM
Every morning I have a problem starting my car once I get the car started it idles rough for a little while, when you put it in drive it is slow for a little while but then it finally kicks in and acts normal. I can get it to start by pressing the gas, it struggles but it fires up....when this problem first started I changed the spark plugs, they fixed the problem but it is back again, I thought it might be the wires, does anyone else know what this problem could be?

Re: Problem Starting
Saturday, March 05, 2005 7:51 PM
ok since this post went no where....I changed my spark plug wires today.....the car starts better, but it still sputters, any idea what the problem could be, I was thinking maybe my idle sensor

Saturday, March 05, 2005 8:47 PM
Hey there, welcome to a common problem that no one really can solve. I'm pretty sure you are having the same problem lots of people are having.

Here is a thread that was recently posted.

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=11&i=79390&t=79390

If you want to read up on it more look up cold start, heistation, rough idle, etc... It goes way back. Search all dates in the maintenance. You'll find plenty to read upon. If you figure out, post it, everyone will love ya if you really figure it out.

Oh yeah... wait a couple weeks b4 posting if you fix it, b/c it usually comes back after you change something.

have fun reading.
Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:51 PM
i wonder if it could be the valves? I dunno, I'm just racking my brains tryin to figure this out, cuz is it just plain annoying, the weird thing is it started happening when I changed my oil to synthetic instead of standard motor oil, I wonder if that is the reason?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search