Frozen relay? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Frozen relay?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 12:09 AM
i got up and started my car (96' 2.2) the drl light on the dash is flashing and my drl's (daytime running lights) are off. i go to get gas (car is up to temp.) turn the car back on, and my drl's are on and back to normal. I'm not worried but i've had the car for almost 6 years and this has never happened before.

Re: Frozen relay?
Saturday, March 05, 2005 5:46 AM
there is common cause for this problem. Their is a connector under the battery for the head lights and DRLs. Leaking batterys (like all the AC-delcos) leak on to a corrode this connector. Find the connector and pull it apart and see if it is all green. If it is green this is your problem.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Saturday, March 05, 2005 3:35 PM
jimmythekid1 wrote:there is common cause for this problem. Their is a connector under the battery for the head lights and DRLs. Leaking batterys (like all the AC-delcos) leak on to a corrode this connector. Find the connector and pull it apart and see if it is all green. If it is green this is your problem.

i also have seen this problem

Saturday, March 05, 2005 9:43 PM
my friends cavy flashes the drl light and then the drls dont work. her passenger high beam is out, so this is probably why it flashes. check your highbeams to see if they both are working.

Peace Out!!!
Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:01 AM
Enrique R. wrote:my friends cavy flashes the drl light and then the drls dont work. her passenger high beam is out, so this is probably why it flashes. check your highbeams to see if they both are working.

That is one possibility too. GM wired those DRL in series using the high beams so if one goes out you lose both.

But keep in mind if that connector is bad your high beams may not work any way.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search