DTR Disabling??? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
DTR Disabling???
Sunday, March 06, 2005 9:12 AM
i know this may be an old issue with the DTR system in our j-bodys' but there has to another method to disable the system besides the traditional 'E' brake click or the fuse box method in the later cavs. someone please experiment with this issue!!

Nathan S. Nace

Re: DTR Disabling???
Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:03 AM
well first of all its Daytime Running Lights and define "later cavs" 00-02 there is a simpler way to do it. we need some more info

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:20 AM
oh "DRL and 00-02", sorry i did not SPECIFY on the details. im sure most people know what i am talking about anyways. i thought this was a maintenance forum not english class.

Nathan S. Nace
Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:45 AM
No actually we didnt know what you are talking about. And this is a maint. forum. but we need to know what later meant. Later could mean the 04's. I think cavie freak has posted the DRL disable mod. All you do is ground the Dark Blue wire coming out of the BCM. The BVM is under the dash on the drivers side. Reach under there and find the dark blue wire. Cut the blue wire so that you can add a piece of wire to the part coming out of the BCM. connect them by taping, or crimping together. then take the other end of the jumper wire that is connected to the dark blue coming out of the BCM and ground it to the body. the best ground i found was one of the 2 bolts by the steering shaft. Loosen one and stick the wire around there. and it should be done.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:14 AM
chevyss wrote:oh "DRL and 00-02", sorry i did not SPECIFY on the details. im sure most people know what i am talking about anyways. i thought this was a maintenance forum not english class.

i wasnt being a smartass, i was correcting the name so that you knew and so you could search in the future. the 00-02 thing, what was wrong with me saying that? and the reason we need the year is cause your car(according to your profile) is in the 95-99, the two methods you mentioned are the only way to do it. for 00-02 you can do the grounding BCM wire like VincentMorris mentioned. in 03-05 the grounding trick doesnt always work.

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search