NEED HELP - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NEED HELP
Saturday, March 05, 2005 10:11 PM
my car starting acting up on me 2day, when i would give it alot of gas it would make a leaking sound like a BOV it would do this every time my car hits over 2500rpm my car would just be making this nose but it wouldnt be going anywhere fast, it takes it a bit of time to pick up the pace. it is like there is no force going back in the the engine, i was wondering if i blew my heag gasket or just blew something in the motor, or it could be the exhurst system not hooked up ? or my header not hooked up

i looked inside the engine, i am missing a header bolt, but i dont think that is anything new to my car, and my friend sat in the back seat saying he can hear air leaking back there every time i hit 2500rpm

if any knows of this problem or has this problem. any help would be nice.
thanks.

Re: NEED HELP
Sunday, March 06, 2005 10:04 AM
anyone ? ? ?
Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:40 PM
no exhaust system gives the engine more power. headers would be the same deal.. exhaust would leak and more noise.... and more power. check intake and throttle body.. maybe something blocking air flow? if you cant find anything there, get it checked.

Sunday, March 06, 2005 12:48 PM
Robert Krattli wrote:no exhaust system gives the engine more power. headers would be the same deal.. exhaust would leak and more noise.... and more power. check intake and throttle body.. maybe something blocking air flow? if you cant find anything there, get it checked.

Sorry, that theory works with old v8's, but not with our 4 cylinders. We need an exhaust system with some back pressure and exhaust velocity to scavange exhaust gasses from the other cylinders. Noise does not equal power.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 06, 2005 2:13 PM
i dont think it is the intake becuz i can hear it sucking in the air, it is just like there is no power after 2500rpm.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search