new steering column in and it wont start - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
new steering column in and it wont start
Monday, March 07, 2005 9:56 PM
Okay this involves a long story that a couple of people on the org know about. I sold the cavi to a fellow soldier in September. He defaulted on the contract we had so i had to take the car back. Which it was in no condition to run at all. No battery lock and cylinder gone and the steering column was jacked up beyond all belief. okay come to find out a single wire got fried in on of the plugs that goes into the lock and cylinder. It was the thinner gauge wire in the harness (its either brown or black hard to tell with a lack of light in the garage) that has the pink orange and yellow wires. Im trying to figure out what wire it is that got fried. I replaced a section of wire that was pretty bad(i did solder it together and what not). but im also having another issue. The car wont even crank. The theft system light is on and flashing all the time. Everything else in the car works but it wont turn over and start. Not to sure whats causing that. If anyone here on the org can help me any and all help is greatly apreciated.

Jacob Campen

I AM THE DESTROYER OF THREADS.
FEAR THE THREAD KILLER!!!!::inserts evil laugh::

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search