95 Cavy tire rubbing after accident - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
95 Cavy tire rubbing after accident
Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:06 PM
So the girlfriend was out with some of her friends while I was at the bar with an old buddy of mine Saturday night and she got to drunk to drive. She let her friends dumbass brother drive her 95 Cav 5spd and he ended up taking a pole and causing the rim and tire to be cranked on the driver side. No body damage luckily enough, but now her tire rubs on left turns after the rim and tire were replaced.

I havent taken a look at it yet because she worked last night and got home after dark but when I take a look in the morning what are some things I should look for especially if there is no apparent damage to the suspension components? I wanna really check over everything and replace whatever needs to be replaced before I take it for an alignment. Any suggestions are appreciated!

2000 Cavalier 5spd Manual 2.2L

Re: 95 Cavy tire rubbing after accident
Sunday, March 06, 2005 11:18 PM
Tie rods, wheel bearings, ball joints, bent struts, bent a arm, bent sub frame. that is only some of what can be wrong, i sugest you inspect everything very closely and if all else fails the aligbment shop can help

Re: 95 Cavy tire rubbing after accident
Monday, March 07, 2005 11:31 PM
Thanks for the reply jcbll95, it seems its either the a-arm or the sub frame is bent, but a guy at the body shop said they would put it on the frame stretcher to see if it is the sub frame that is bent for free, hopefully its the A-arm because that will be a less expensive fix since I could do it myself. The wheel sits a full 2 inches back right now so im hoping to get it fixed right away.

2000 Cavalier 5spd Manual 2.2L
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search