IDLE problem.. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
IDLE problem..
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:46 AM
Driving to school this morning i noticed the idle on my 2.2 seemed quite high. I parked and let it sit for like 3 min and continued to be that high. Turned off the car and started it back up. It then was fine. Its been active weird recently. Usually it has been gettin really low that my steering wheel and dash shakes. So i got bottle of fuel injector cleaner and runnin 93 together. Also the past few days have been pretty warm( 30-40's) and today its back in the teens. Any idea on what it could be?

Re: IDLE problem..
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:00 AM
run 87....any check engine light?could be the idle valve..but if im not mistaken high idle is ususally cause by a bad vacum line,,so check them out
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:35 AM
If i knew where that was.... i could fix it. Somewhere on the TB correct?

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:38 AM
funny ... mine started doing the exact same thing after 7 years this year. Havent figured it out yet
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 7:25 PM
weird... must have been a fluke. Its fine now.

Thursday, March 10, 2005 9:11 AM
When you say high...do you mean 1100 or 1000 when you usually idle about 600 rpm?? My car idles around 1100 or 1000 when it's cold out. Started last winter and it has been doing this winter too.

It usually fine any other time....

--04 Blazing Copper Mazda 6 s

Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:11 PM
Do you hear any Hissing in your engine bay?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 6:44 PM
Team Tach Out wrote:Do you hear any Hissing in your engine bay?

.......when the car first starts up i do.

Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:41 PM
gm has a revised ecm program to corect the problem
ecm neads to be reflashed
Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:35 PM
^^ maybe for the ecotec.

Your Iac could be getting stuck. On the tb. Take it out and clean it down.

^^Home made sig^^ ghetto, I know. http://members.cardomain.com/blackoutfire
Monday, March 21, 2005 9:31 AM
Hey cody...saw ya this morning on River Road. Knew it was you cause of your tails and how clean your ride was.

--04 Blazing Copper Mazda 6 s

Tuesday, March 22, 2005 7:46 AM
Hey, Yup I asked this same question in another thread, but I was told jsut disconnect the battery for like 40 min or so to reset the computer, and then it should be fine, I still haven't tried it yet though (cuz I'm in work right now) but I will leave my car battery disconnected all night tonight and then reconnect it tomorrow morning, adn see if it fixed my prob. I HOPE SO, cuz my car idles sometimes as high as 2200rpm!!!!!
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:35 AM
esfstumpy wrote:Hey cody...saw ya this morning on River Road. Knew it was you cause of your tails and how clean your ride was.

I thought that was you. Wasn't 100% sure though. I have to get to classes at 8 am now so i drive by every day before you leave for work. How are things goin?

Wednesday, March 23, 2005 7:41 PM
did disconnecting the battery work?

when i first start up my car it goes to around 2500 then drops down to around 1000 or so and will idle around 1500-2000 sometimes....i have no idea what it is

mines a 2.4L

Thursday, March 24, 2005 6:39 AM
Hey, ya it seemed to solve my idling problem, I just disconnected my battery adn left it disconnected over nite, then in the morning I jsut reconneccted it adn my car now idles ike it's supposed too. I still have no idea why my car started doing that irradic idling but atleast its fixed now. Try it, it's not like it'll damage your car anyways
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search