Dirt in Engine? Help!!! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Dirt in Engine? Help!!!
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:31 AM
Hey guys I have a little bit of a crisis I'm hoping you can help me with...

My car had a long cold air intake with the filter low in front of the wheel well. I just bought a new short ram intake and when I took the old one apart I found that the inside was covered in dirt/mud streaks all the way up the tube. I guess the filter leaked and it sucked up some of our nice road sand/salt. Now I'm concerned about debris in the engine... Is there anything I can do to clean the engine out without removing it from the car?

Thanks
- Ken

'99 Z24, Manual

Re: Dirt in Engine? Help!!!
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 10:41 AM
Sea Foam

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:19 AM
Yeah I thought of that and I know there is some good feedback on it, but there is one thing that keeps me from using it... Basically, if it really does clean out all the dirt, where does it spit the dirt out? It has to put it somewhere right? That's the part I don't get. Also, it claims to clean up carbon deposits, but does it do anything for larger non-carbon particles?

Any other advice? BTW this is a 1999 Z24.

'99 Z24, Manual
Wednesday, March 09, 2005 11:44 AM
if the car has changed the way its running it wasnt enough to worry about , and has already been spit out the exhaust

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:47 AM
Wheres the cheapest place to get "sea foam". I live in canada, so where would it be sold around here?
Oh and how the hell is it used, do you like put it in with your gas or something?
Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:28 PM
Okay, here's what you do. Pull one of your spark plugs and see if the plug was damaged in any way. This will tell you if you have any large objects in the cylinders. If all looks good then put on the air filter and go on any freeway and gun the engine to a Jiffy Lube. Ask for an "Engine Flush" this will fix your problem.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search