what do you guys think - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what do you guys think
Thursday, March 10, 2005 2:25 PM
here is the deal. i won't have any time to rip my car apart till saturday. so untill then i am stuck with kind of a big oil leak. i don't know where exactly it is coming from, the only thing i do know for sure is that it is puddling around the oil dipstick at the base of it. i would say for a little while now i have also had a problem with my car having any power through the rpms after a cold startup, and it does nothing to much till it warms up. i don't know if that is related or not. also the oil in the dipstick is forming a sludge. like i said, i haven't had to much time to investigate, i was just hoping anyone had some ideas. it is a '00 z24 auto. any comments, and help is appreciated. especially if it can point me to some really good ideas of what it might be, or what i should check. the only thing rough on my car lately was the fact that my map sensor was messed up and it was idling really funny, and when i installed my HO manifold my throttle cable was a little short for some reason, so on a cold start it idled to the park rev limiter and kept bouncing off for a little bit. i'm pretty sure that could have lead to the problem, or it might not have. just figured i would let everyone know the story from the begining. any questions, just ask.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search