Weird stalling sort of thing ... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weird stalling sort of thing ...
Thursday, March 10, 2005 8:37 PM
This is a little tricky to explain. I was driving home from college earlier tonight, and twice my car did this 'stalling' sort of thing. Now, I've seen plenty of cars stall and this wasn't the same. For an instant -- a split second -- it felt like the engine had cut out completely (and instantly), the rpms quicly dropped and so did the mph ... but, almost as instantly as it cut out, it cut back in and drove normally. No sputtering, no dim lights. Very wacky. This happened twice. Any ideas?

Re: Weird stalling sort of thing ...
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:55 PM
did it happen when you let off the gas, or going up a hill, or going over 108MPH, while turning, radio-a/c-system(excessive accessories) going. any lights flash on the dash like the battery, alt, oil, or check gauges lights???
Friday, March 11, 2005 9:42 AM
I've had the same problem with my high mileage Sunfire. I'm in the process of changing out/updating peices of the fuel system to hopefully help with my problem.

Mine actually DID stall out a couple of times, tho. I'm starting the bigger stuff with the fuel pressure regulator (I've already done the small stuff). We'll see how it goes...

Good luck on yours.

L8r...

*** Need some 1995 Cavalier parts ???
*** FOR SALE: doors, windows, interior, engine parts, fenders, etc. -- email me
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:21 AM
I was going between 60 and 80 mph both times (definitely didn't hit the rev limiter) ... no turning, and I'm pretty sure I wasn't letting off the gas, but I'm not positive. My fuel pump has been a little wunky since I got it, but it's normal sometimes, so when I take it around, they can't diagnose it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search