Fuel Filter - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Fuel Filter
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:13 AM
I'm changing my fuel filter, I have the old one about half off. The black clips on the fuel line are broken, I can push it towards the filter to get the line off, but I can not get it off. Any ideas on what would work, I don't really wanna change that fuel line.

Re: Fuel Filter
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:31 AM
bump

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:32 AM
You bumped this after 20 minutes? Its the middle of the day, most people are in school, college, class, work, etc, give it some time.

The clips break all the time, you should still be able to get it off, just have to work a little harder at it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:40 AM
i bumped it becuase I really need to get this done, I understand people are still in school and work.....just thought someone would be out there. How do u suggest I get this hose off, with the clips broken???

Thursday, March 10, 2005 5:01 PM
well if u want it done that bad take it to texaco express lube 40 bucks and it only takes maybe 10 mins...

Thursday, March 10, 2005 10:14 PM
keep twisting it. add a few drops of clean oil to help it get loose.
Friday, March 11, 2005 4:33 PM
I actually had to end up buying a new piece of hose, couples, and fitment (on the filter end)....I had to cut the hose off, the hose was so rusted on it wasn't budging at all, the good news is the car runs and seems to be okay....I checked for leaks and found none

Friday, March 11, 2005 4:41 PM
making a post that says bump or in before the lock or whatever is not liked around here.
like shifted said, most people are at school, work, class during the day. or sleeping because they have a 3rd shift job.

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, March 11, 2005 4:48 PM
wow! I can't believe I'm getting my ass reamed because I bumped a post, when I was in desperate times, like needing to get my car fixed so I could join everyone else at work! Funny how everyone on this site blows everything out of proportioan.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search