03 Cav leaking yellow/green fluid????? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
03 Cav leaking yellow/green fluid?????
Saturday, March 12, 2005 7:56 AM
Just noticed that this morning for the very first time. There is a yellow/greenish fluid, looks almost like Prestone ( the green one ), but every fluids are still stock in it so the antifreeze is the DexCOOL one, which is obviously red. I got Air Conditionning, could it be freon leaking? I got no idea.

It seems though to be leaking from somewhere behind the wheel, toward the cabin. Could it be brake fluid? Clutch fluid?

I got a Manual tranny by the way.

Should I stop driving it until I bring it at the dealer? It's still under warranty ( 56,000km though), but I can't bring it in until monday.

Thanks all.

Re: 03 Cav leaking yellow/green fluid?????
Saturday, March 12, 2005 10:17 AM
Could be brake fluid, check ur master cylinder
Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:19 PM
Power steering fluid, or Windshield washer fluid.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:31 PM
Take it to GM and have them look at it.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:47 PM
There's a recent thread about this subject found here:

Leaking bright yellow fluid

I had the same problem one day. I've been monitoring the situation ever since and it's turned out to be harmless. All my fluids are still level.

Though my situation might be different from yours.

"Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines." -- Steven Wright
Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:30 AM
I had the same problem, only happened when flooring it to get up my snow filled driveway

been monitoring it and there's been no leaking since, it's probably just the condensation. All fluids are perfectly normal on my cav
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search