Rough Idle ?? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Rough Idle ??
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:08 AM
I have a '98 Z Auto. When the car warms up I get a very rough Idle. It is also rough after I've been driving the car and pull up to a stop light. Sometimes I have to give it a little gas to prevent the car from stalling. The RPM's bounce anywhere from almost stalling to 1100. I've changed the Fuel Filter and Spark plugs too. I've even sprayed my throttle body several times. I just can't seem to figure out what is wrong. The problem is only at idle. Thanks.

Re: Rough Idle ??
Saturday, March 12, 2005 5:28 PM
Is your check engine light on?
Monday, March 14, 2005 6:57 PM
No check engine light. Hasn't thrown any codes. So I'm not sure what the problem is. Any Suggestions?
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:54 PM
Could be a lot of problems, but it is usually your O2 sensor. Check your gas mileage, if your are using a lot of gas this is usually the first suspect. There should be many posts on this site with regard to testing and changing your O2 sensor.
Friday, March 18, 2005 5:14 PM
Thanks a lot. I'll check them out.
Friday, March 18, 2005 8:06 PM
my car was doing that, it turned out to be the ignition coils, or one of them...

Saturday, March 19, 2005 7:26 PM
dose it fell like you hitting the rev limiter some times other then at top rev if so look at your inj modual posabull coil
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search