93 Cavi - Turn Signals not working - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
93 Cavi - Turn Signals not working
Saturday, March 12, 2005 1:55 PM
My 4 ways work, but left and right turn signal do not. There is two relays under the dash side by side. I got a part number for a new flasher at CTC and the part # is the one that is working right now (4 ways). The only part number they have is for the one relay (the one that works). I tried a new one just in case, and it wasn't the problem.

The other relay has a different Pin config then the 4 way one. I couldn't match the pins with any other relay CTC had in stock.

The guy at the counter said that the one relay should do 4 ways and turn signals.

Any suggestions.

Help please before I get rear ended.

Re: 93 Cavi - Turn Signals not working
Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:13 PM
check the blinker fluid

1993 Cavalier RS 3.1L
--yea beating honda is like saying you beat a retarded kid at a math test.
Saturday, March 12, 2005 2:17 PM
3point1rs wrote:check the blinker fluid

Glad I joined this forum... another one of these jackass forums eh!

Thanks
Saturday, March 12, 2005 9:01 PM
To answer ur ? its more than likely ur turn signal flasher has worn out.It is round and should have a two or three prong conection under the dash.It will b rite beside the hazard flasher and round as well.It's not the RELAY, these are dirt cheap like 2.50 to 3.00 bucks at any auto store man.I do not know the location for ur model but its probably near the steering column area under the dash behind the dash plastic.I KNOW for FACT that is why ur turn signals to do WORK.I know this answers ur ? for sure,nothing like a dumb reply when in need of a real answer.

Sunday, March 13, 2005 8:04 AM
Ron Love wrote:To answer ur ? its more than likely ur turn signal flasher has worn out.It is round and should have a two or three prong conection under the dash.It will b rite beside the hazard flasher and round as well.It's not the RELAY, these are dirt cheap like 2.50 to 3.00 bucks at any auto store man.I do not know the location for ur model but its probably near the steering column area under the dash behind the dash plastic.I KNOW for FACT that is why ur turn signals to do WORK.I know this answers ur ? for sure,nothing like a dumb reply when in need of a real answer.

The other relay beside the Hazard (round / 2 prong) is actual square (3 Prong). The reason I didn't try the square one in the first place was I couldn't match the prongs up with another one at Canadian Tire, and they didn't' have a part # for it. I will see if I can match up that relay at another parts store. I just wanted to get ideas before I went all over town trying to match a relay that might have been for something else.

I will keep you posted on the status

Thanks for your REAL answer.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search