Need Some Help ASAP, Working on Car Now! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Need Some Help ASAP, Working on Car Now!
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:12 AM
My driver side window in my 02 Cavalier LS Sport seems to be stuck up. It makes the same sound when i press to move it up (even though it is already up) as does the fully functioning passenger window, which means the motor isn't completely dead. When I press to make the window go down however, there is no response at all. Someone suggested a loose wire connection so I am taking apart the door right now. I have taken the three screws out at the bottom of the inside of the door along with the 2 by the handle. I think these are all the screws and it feels like the rest is held on by clips. If anyone has taken the door apart before or has any other suggestions for my problem I need help ASAP!

Re: Need Some Help ASAP, Working on Car Now!
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:16 AM
First, you missed two screws I believe, one is near the lower hinge, and the other is on the very opposite side. Then yes, the door is held in by clips, the clips run along the window opening, and there are push rivits near the bottom. First pull the bottom of the door panel out towards you, might be difficult to do that, but it should pop outwards. Then lift the panel straight up and it should unclip.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:19 AM
So I can unhook the panel from the clips just by pulling out and then upwards? Is there a risk of these breaking? (PS thanks for the help)
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:26 AM
I did actually also remove a screw from the outer (left) edge but i do not see one on the inside edge. I tried applying a fair amount of pressure as you said and it doesn't seem to be doing much and I'm weary about using much more force.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search