few questions - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
few questions
Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:52 PM
1. I have a 96 z24 and i keep having a problem with my horn crapping out i have changed it a few times but after about a month and a half it sounds like a muffled duck fart again and i was wondering if anyone had any idea what could be causing this.
2. i was also wondering if i cut my clutch resivoir tube to shortin it up since the aem bracket pushes it up if i need to drain and bleed the line after words.
3. i want to drain my power steering pump fluid and was wondering how to go about it my chilton books do not show it.

the view is all the same unless your the lead dog.

Re: few questions
Saturday, March 19, 2005 8:58 PM
Is your battery any good as far as the horn goes?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:29 PM
i put it on a tester and it checked fine

Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:36 PM
that horn lives in a pretty nasty place is the rubber cover and skid plates still intact?

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:57 PM
all is there i bought the car used in 12-99 and that prob started in feb 00past the 30day warrenty

Monday, March 21, 2005 5:23 AM
Check and clean your connections and ground on the horn. You can get a turkey baster from the dollar store or Wally World. You can suck almost all the fluid out of the reservoir with it and replace with new. Not a bad idea to replace the p/s fluid once a year because it comes out pretty filthy looking.

God bless America.
Monday, March 21, 2005 6:29 PM
thanks man yea i wanted to change considerin i had the car a few years and have yet to get to it but i also wanted to change to the royal purple p/s fluid. but when i do the clutch res should i just do a complete drain or can i cut and reattach

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search