Chain Sound - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Chain Sound
Monday, March 21, 2005 7:32 PM
on my 99 2200, there is while the car is running a sould like a chain is running against something. I know it is not the timing chain (brand new). I think it may be one of the accessories. The alternator is new also. What accessories could make this type of noise while it is going out?

Re: Chain Sound
Monday, March 21, 2005 8:58 PM
take the belt off, and start the engine, that will isolate a accesory noise, or an engine noise
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:02 AM
I have a 97 and found out noise coming from my engine, similar to yours, is being caused by a bad bearing in the AC Compressor unit. Guess I gotta go and swap that out now.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 5:50 PM
as i mentioned in another post most cars over 100,000 miles all have a ticking noise its nothing to worry about but i have yet to find out what it is and as for removing the belt and then starting the car uhm....... ok lets see there is one belt it drives the.... uh oh everything i dont think the car will even start just my opinion but if it does let me know im sure my friends would get a kick out of that one.

the fastest jbody?
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 10:28 PM
now think about that. REALLY.. how would the car not know. lmfao. any "mechanic" knows that is the oldest trick in the book to isolate engine or acessory noise.... you don't leave it off and go cruising, but it won't hurt a thing,
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search