no air from vents... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
no air from vents...
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 12:06 AM
well recently my heat/air/ac was acting up, only working when it felt like it. Now it stoped working altogether. No air comes out the vents at any speed. Im thinkking it might be the blower motor, but im not sure where it is located. I have a 2001 2.2 auto with about 62,000 miles on it. If it is the blower motor how much is it gonna cost me?? Any help?

Re: no air from vents...
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 4:09 AM
First of all have you tried all 4 speeds from the fan control? There is a resistor asm near the blower that controls the different speeds and it's very common for it to go but it usually only takes out the first 1 or 2 blower speeds as they are the most commonly used. Have you checked the fuse? The blower motor istself is under the dash on the pasenger side right behind the glove box, just look up under the glove box and you will see it, 3 bolts and a cable and it's out.
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 9:05 PM
i have a sunfire that blows air out every vent even if its not selected such as window defrost does every vent any have answers for that

JBO since July 30, 2001
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 11:22 PM
ok so if i take it out how do i know its bad? can i jump it to see if it runs? and around how much does one cost?
Wednesday, March 23, 2005 8:43 AM
You would need a multi meter or 12v test light and measure across the pins in the cable for voltage with the key on and the fan switch on, if you get voltage then the blower is bad, no voltage means probably fuse or resistor asm or faulty switch/wire asm.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search