help me with this - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help me with this
Sunday, March 27, 2005 4:47 PM
found a 98 cavy 2 door loaded with 2.4 and auto trans. 60k miles. front end damage. looking to rebuild it but seems there is a problem. when the guy hit he bent the bumper support and then about 4 inches back bent the frame on one side. is this fixable? how hard? he only wants like $400 for it i wanted to fix it to drive to work and stuff to keep miles off my 04 cav. if you can help please do

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
Jenny Black Thunder WILL Conquer All!!!!

Re: help me with this
Sunday, March 27, 2005 6:52 PM
well, I would imagine you may be able to find a shop with a frame-straightener. Any good body shop should have one. Even if not, you could part out the car for much more than the 400 easily, so I would say get it, see if it's fixable, and if not, make some cash.

Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:03 PM
yeah if the damage isnt too bad any decent shop should be able to get it on the rack and straighten it out..and if not i want first dibs on whats left of the z kit

Sunday, March 27, 2005 8:20 PM
what color is the interior? and where do you live? i may b intrested in swapping interiors

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 28, 2005 1:27 PM
sorry guys. found a new project and decided against it. the interior got wet anyway cause some moron left the window down.

2004 Cavalier, 2.2 ecotec, 5spd getrag
Jenny Black Thunder WILL Conquer All!!!!
Monday, March 28, 2005 3:42 PM
frame? Isn't it a uni-body
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search