ECU Flash - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECU Flash
Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:29 PM
Ive herd that there is a way to flash the ecu and by pass the govenor i was wondering if any one could tell me how and also if its possible to do that with the rev limiter also. and whats involved in putting a 5speed in my car? and about how much it would cost. thanks for all yalls help.

Re: ECU Flash
Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:40 PM
well it may seem like im flaming you, thats because i am. but your lucky i'm the first one to post and i'm nice. ECU flash: no, you can't do it yourself(yet), you have to take it to a dealership and have them use a tech-II tool for anything. governor: don't even bother asking on this forum, you will just get yelled at. Don't worry though once you've spent some time in your engine bay you will figure it out. Rev limiter: Limiter only exists in P & N it isnt really necesary to rev any higher than 4k in N. Tranny swap: yes it can be done, you need a new tranny, have the ecu reflashed, and have a mount welded onto the engine. Cost: depends really, but be prepared to shell out a lot. And now for the most important part: ALL OF THIS INFORMATION CAN BE FOUND USING SEARCH. I may sound like a dick but trust me you have less of a chance of screwing something up or being flamed if you do as much research as possible first.

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Thursday, March 24, 2005 12:44 PM
o and one last thing: tis should have been posted in Newbies

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:10 PM
first of all, if you really want a 5 speed, go and trade your car in and get one, because not only will it cost a lot (unless you get lucky somehow) but it will also be a bunch of troubles and headaches that doesn't really make it worth it. it would be easier to go and trade your car in. second of all, there is no reason to get rid of you rev limiter, unless of course your rebuilding your engine a special way and it needs to rev higher, but i don't know to much about that, so i won't bother talking about it. and 3rd of all, no you can't get rid of your governor. the only way to do it, will cause your car to be worth zero, and you won't know how fast your going, and that is not only crazy, but stupid. i'm not trying to be an *ss, but if you say i am going to make a really fast car, and i don't want th 108 governor to stop me, then wait till you have the knowledge to make your car that fast, and then you will know how to disable it, because you have the knowledge.

sorry for the long post.
Thursday, March 24, 2005 1:18 PM
hey martinez, thnaks for helping me help a newb

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Thursday, March 24, 2005 8:19 PM
Yeah i see what yall mean. I didnt really think about that. Guess i am a newbie. but thanks for being honest and explaning that. i think im gonna go yalls route and just wait till i know more than what i do now. im just not used to 108 being the max. but like i said i see where both of you are coming from and again thanks for the info. next time i will post in the newbie page.
Friday, March 25, 2005 3:15 AM
just be glad some other people didn't post in here, it would just turn into a b*tch scene, but if you need any help with your car, just ask, thats what the forums are for.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 9:42 PM
yeah i know . what you mean. this has been the most helpfull site ive been to in the three yeahs ive had the car and i think its cool to find people who are willing to help and if need be point out immature wants with out it being a b*tch scene. i have no excuse for that and dont intend to make one but thanks for seeing through the idiocracy there.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 10:22 PM
I think this is the first "remove governor" post Ive seen that hasn't been locked

Sunday, March 27, 2005 1:29 PM
What do you mean locked?
Sunday, March 27, 2005 7:34 PM
OK, what's this 108 limit? Miles or Kilometers? That's a bunch of horse-patooie. Is that why my ABS light comes on at anything over 100km/h?

Monday, March 28, 2005 4:45 AM
I'm guessing that they haven't locked it because they either don't realize what the topic really is, or because someone has actually learned off of us telling him not to and they are surprised. and irresistabl guy, the 108 limit is in miles, and no, that is not why your abs light comes on at 100km/h. i would check into your abs light coming on.
Monday, March 28, 2005 6:08 AM
Martinez wrote:I'm guessing that they haven't locked it because they either don't realize what the topic really is, or because someone has actually learned off of us telling him not to and they are surprised.

Actually, I saw this post a long time ago, and I haven't locked it because I want people to see it. People can't learn that we won't give out the information if the posts are all locked or deleted.

So, in that regard, anybody who gives out the speed limiter disabling instructions, or even hints at giving them out, will be banned (length is discretionary), and the post deleted. So suffice it to say, if you want to go over the stock speed and rev limiters, at least for the time being, you have to buy a standalone computer system, that can run you upwards of $2000 + install and tuning.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 28, 2005 8:35 AM
Also the fact if you look at any dyno the torque and power start dropiing after about 6000 rpm so logic would say that there is not gain from raising the rev limiter unless you have rebuilt your engine to do like wise.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Monday, March 28, 2005 10:31 AM
my next dumb question is why are you guys being so adamant about not giving out this info? Who cares if the guy voids his warranty or cracks his block?
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:22 AM
We could give two @!#$s if the guy cracks his block. Its when the guy goes out doing 120mph down the road, smacks a tree, and kills him and/or others. People find out that he got the information to disable the speed limiter here, on this site, and the next thing you know Dave has a lawsuit on his hands. By the way, I personally know of 3 people who have died as a result of those instructions, so don't say that won't happen...

So, to avoid any confusion or question about the legal terms of giving out the information in a public forum, we simply will not give it out, and will remove posts with the information in it.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, March 28, 2005 11:43 AM
If you want to go over 108 in a sedan, buy a kia. 98-03 sephia's and spectra's are governed @125 mph. On a stock 2nd gen the car will begine to shake at 90 mph, then level out at 105, then its on words and upwords from there, car never seems to want to stop.

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:46 AM
ok, that I can understand. Legally that'd suck. Sedans you say, is that 108mph limit only on sedans?
Monday, March 28, 2005 3:25 PM
wow, it really is a good thing i found this post first, im glad this is actually being helpful and not just flaming a newbie.

"Official Jewish J-Body"
Monday, March 28, 2005 9:46 PM
yeah i agree with you Machzel. i didnt think that this ? would bring so much heat. but like i have said before, i understand what your saying and appreciate you understanding my newbieness. and as for running into a tree and 120 or so i know thats possible and likely but thats also why i was wanting to get the suspension beffed up. and i have driven 160mph many times and have driven well over 120 as a normall highway speed. and as for those of you who want to fry me F*ck you. yes i realize this isnt the best way to go about things and i do realize that there are other people on the road but i also know when to and when not to drive at those speeds so try to know someone a little first. im not just some kid with a car that goes out and races every car that comes up beside them.so to those of you who were willing to understand and explain to my why i shouldnt do it thanks. those who wanna fry me, do what you want say what you want. and Dave i didnt think about the possibality of a law suit so i understand that one. thanks for the help and i have learned a lot from this.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:27 AM
no offense william, but i don't car if your a proffesional driver, just because you have done it and didn't kill yourself, doesn't mean that is going to happen everytime. that would be like me saying, i have driven over the speed limit by 30 miles per hour, and never got caught by a cop, so they must let me. well just because i have gotten away with it 300 times, doesn't mean that they won't get me at my 301 time. you can't account for what a driver is going to do on the road, except for your own driving. and just because you beef up your suspension, doesn't mean your car is going to handle the speeds you want. what if you installed something wrong, or what if you overlooked upgrading something. there is to many possibilities. have you ever seen a proffesional drag car weave out of control. i'm pretty sure that there suspension is pretty good. again, i'm not trying to be an *ss here or anything, i'm just trying to help you out, and make you realize that on the road, its not just about you.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:43 AM
To me you can't really justify going that fast on public roads. Example i like to use. In Orlando and person on an open stretch of road no other drivers, ran into a car that was turning on to the road. yes it was late and no traffic. The person he ran into was his own mother and killed her. So nothing justifies going fast there is always going to be something you can not control. ie deer run out in the road, a homeless person in the middle of nowhere.

Not being an ass but you should have just left well enough alone. No need to justify nothing or say you what you were doing. A couple people have ben screw because other person check site like this out such as some dealer ships and law enforecement. In our town a street race got bustd because it was seen online.

2004 Grand Prix GTP (Competition Group)
SOLD-->1999 Z24 5M-#30 to register on JBO
"You can please some of the people some of the time but you can't please all the people'
all the time

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search