siphoning the gas tank - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
siphoning the gas tank
Saturday, March 26, 2005 3:03 PM
does anybody know how to siphon the gas out of the tank.....i have the little kit...but the damn hose won't go down into the tank....it stops right where it should start going in....am i missing something???.....

WHEN I'M GOD, EVERYONE DIES

Re: siphoning the gas tank
Saturday, March 26, 2005 5:53 PM
There is a ball check valve in the filler tube that will keep you from siphoning any gas from tank. Have to remove tank to get gass out.
Saturday, March 26, 2005 8:09 PM
The fuel tank should have a drain plug?In the bottom of it at least most do,if ur car does not have that it would not surprise me that gm made it that way, and any other manuf of cars may not either.Just something to check.

Saturday, March 26, 2005 8:11 PM
are you serious???.....thats going to be a pain....considering i have about half a tank of gas in it.....oh well....thanks...

Saturday, March 26, 2005 8:52 PM
no drain plug on my tank. i'd suggest getting a big a$$ drain pan, undoing the hose clamps on the back of the tank where the rubber filler hose is and jacking up the front end.
Sunday, March 27, 2005 12:40 AM
I siphoned my 95 sunfire with a garden hose! Wasn't real fast but it worked, just make sure your going down hill
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:11 AM
a garden hose would have been probably been faster than the siphoning kit i bought from autozone....the bloody hose couldn't have been no more than a 1/4 OD.....didn't see a drain plug while i was under the tank.....my friend suggested that i pour in gas while i slide the hose down in there.....but that raises another question....will the check valve clamp the hose....defeating the purpose.....

Monday, March 28, 2005 11:23 AM
If you have a check valve your not going to be able to siphon the gas.

--
silicon_freak
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:37 AM
drill a hole real carefull like.

*** NOT A REAL SUGGESTION, DO NOT DO UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE OR BE BURN FOR LIFE. ***

Fact 1:

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.
Monday, March 28, 2005 11:54 AM
Disconnect the fuel line at the filter, then turn the key on and let the in-tank pump push it out.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 9:53 AM
i'll give it a shot....

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search