HELP Catalyic Converter question - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP Catalyic Converter question
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 10:35 AM
Ok when ever I give it some gas my car starts stinking of rotten eggs. Well my plans for this car is when i need to replace something make it better than before. Im 99% sure its the catalyic converter hence the smell. So if I put a highflow cat on it will i need to do any other mods, will this make a difference? I have OEM header and piping and dynomax muffler. Also are the cats. 4 bolts or will i need to weld? How much can I expect to pay for a good cat? Thanks

Re: HELP Catalyic Converter question
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:03 PM
Installing a new cat will make a world of difference.
If the old one stinks,it is probably plugged,reducing power.You won't notice the power loss until it improves.
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 1:22 PM
gravana has them, 75 bucks for a magnaflow high flow cat, there are no bolts, you'll need a hacksaw, and 2 u bolts if you don't plan to weld it... as for will you notice a diffrence, i would say not at all. not with the stock exhaust and a muffler, get a pacesetter header, and the new cat, a resonator is up to you... and have a shop weld it all up for ya, should cost no more than 150 to get all the piping and installed.. 2.25 piping incase your wondering, and all this could have been easily SEARCHED for...

Tuesday, March 29, 2005 3:58 PM
almost all sunfires and cavies stink....its the fuel system, and fuel filter......mine used to stink, now i change the fuel filter evry 15,000kms, and do the fuel system every 40,000km s or so....
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 5:48 PM
actually mine does not stink, and as for smells how could the fuel system cause anything. and unless your gonna upgrade your muffler aswell as cat then something cheap would be alright performance wise. if you buy a magnaflow cat personally you would have a little more power IF you also upgrade to a low restriction muffler aswell get a dynomax low restriction muffler with a magnaflow cat and gain low hp but also great sound just get a long muffler so its not too loud and if you use exhaust clamps then you wont have to weld i got mine from dynomax and if you cant find what your looking for there are several online sites that carry all these products i just mentioned do a search

the fastest jbody?
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 7:40 AM
Make sure your O2 sensor isn't shot. That will make it stink as well.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search