Grinding noise - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Grinding noise
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:43 PM
Okay, my car makes a grinding noise at high rev's. I have just replaced the engine, and the tranny, and the starter. There is plenty of fluid where fluid is applicable. Any ideas on what I should check?

Re: Grinding noise
Thursday, March 31, 2005 5:35 AM
check your belt-driven accesories....my a/c compressor cluch made a grind noise at high revs because it was broken i guess...now my a/c doesnt work at all...push the button and nothing happens..no click, pop nothing..sorry for jacking the thread...good luck! it could be the alternator, waterpump, belt tensioner, a/c compressor, etc...have a friend listen while you rev it up, this may help pinpoint your problem..

HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS…EVERY PU**Y NEEDS ONE!
Thursday, March 31, 2005 9:10 AM
when I first got the car the A/C made a squeling sound, I had it checked out, but didn't have the money to fix it. Do you think it is the cause of this problem. Could i get a drivebelt made for a 1997 2.2 Cavalier without A/C.....put that on and see if that is the problem????

Thursday, March 31, 2005 4:08 PM
yea just measure how long of one you would need and go get one.

http://www.ohiocichlids.com <<<<If you keep cichlids
Thursday, March 31, 2005 11:28 PM
You could take the belt off spin the compressor and see if there a grinding noise coming from it, or GM makes an AC eliminator pulley for the 2.4s, id go to a dealer and see if they make it for the 2.2s, that is if you dont want your AC.

Bruce
red03ecotec

Friday, April 01, 2005 4:34 AM
ok, the noise was actually coming from the flywheel. I took the starter off and inspected it for damage. I didn't find any, so I decided to check the flywheel. As I started to spin the flywheel, I noticed the bolts holding the torque converter on worked themselves loose. So One By One I pulled the out and put a lil bit of loctite on them, they shouldn't back out now.

Friday, April 01, 2005 10:59 AM
automatics don't have flywheels...they have flex plates...just wanted to rattle your chain a little..its great that you figured it out!

HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS…EVERY PU**Y NEEDS ONE!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search