Cluster Issues - Need Help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Cluster Issues - Need Help
Wednesday, October 13, 2004 9:44 PM
This is on my gf's 99 Sunfire:

Recently, the numbers on the odometer (digital odometer) would get all scambled up, as if you were pushing on the screen of the LCD. This would only last for a few seconds, then go normal.

Now the right blinker stays on constant, but only the indicator light. The light is not fully bright, but sorta dim. Occasionally the blinker on that side will not function correctly, but most of the time it will.

Think its some wiring somewhere, or is the cluster screwed up?

<br>

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Re: Cluster Issues - Need Help
Friday, October 15, 2004 11:26 PM
my 99 cavalier used to do that. so i finally traded the darn thing in and got this :
<br>

New Picture comming this summer.
Friday, April 01, 2005 11:29 PM
so does anyone know why it does this? my 99 does it too?
Saturday, April 02, 2005 1:04 AM
are you sure that it isn't the cluster showing the trip meter reading and the odometer at the same time? mine did that for a long time every now and again... at least thats what it apeared to be...cool thing was, it didn't seem to rack up miles when it would do that....

Saturday, April 02, 2005 7:36 AM
when it does it, smack the top of the dash and see if it clears it up..i had to do it a few times when mine was only displaying the top 1/2 of the odometer, and sometimes only the bottom half..i slapped the $hit out of it a few good times and it hasnt done it again in 6 months..must be dust on the contacts or traces somewhere..

HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS…EVERY PU**Y NEEDS ONE!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search