looser windows - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
looser windows
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:11 PM
hey all, have any of you experienced loose windows, when i roll mine down have way and then open and shut the door the wiggle and wobble all over the place, just curious, i dont want them falling down on me when it rais or something, any help would be great, thanx guys.

Re: looser windows
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 12:13 PM
sorry for the bad spelling, im at work
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 2:58 PM
i have that same thing...both sides on 2 door...shut the doors with the window down and it sounds like the glass raps against both sides of the door..rattles like all hell when you hit bumps when the window isnt up all the way...pisses me off

HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS…EVERY PU**Y NEEDS ONE!
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:44 AM
is there any risk of them falling through? lol, how do u tighten them? i dont wanna go to the dealer cuz knowing them ill apparently neeed and engine overhaul lol, transmission work, new breaks and what ever bs the make up every time i go there.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 5:56 AM
i really dont think its gonna fall...its almost as if theres some slides on each side of the window that are damaged/worn out...put your window about halfway and lightly try to move it side to side..LIGHTLY..i can move my window side to side about 1/2"..if i get ambitious, i might tear it apart this week / weekend... it is annoying though when u hit a bump and every time the window goes darrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrnt.. makes a hell of a noise when you close the door too..makes it sound like a 1975 pinto door closing..

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 7:23 AM
well if u figure it out on the weekend let me know what you did and if it was an easy task cuz like u said, its very annoying lol.
thanks man.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:12 AM
what bugs me is the "CLANK" it makes when i shut the doors..

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:37 AM
i dont have a problem with the windows on my doors at all, they dont rattle or anything. but when i go through the car wash...only when its cold out other wise i hand wash my car. once i get to those fans that half way dry your car, they are really high preasure fans and my rear windows rattles like frickin crazy, everytime i get really worried, i usually turn my head look at the rear window with my eyes all big and afraid my window is going to shatter. i noticed when i was washing my car the other day that the black plastic stuff that holds the front windshield in is coming up on the corners, i tried pushing it back it but it wont budge.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search