Weird Idle. - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Weird Idle.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 2:38 PM
Well ever since i used Seafoam on my car, the idle has been weird. I have really bad engine virations while at stops lights. I poured it directly into the TB, like on the bottle it said i could do if not through the vaccum line. I brought it to the dealership, but they said everything was ok, they some water test on the coil pacs for arching. None found. So they gave me some @!#$ bull@!#$ excuse it was my intake causing it, when i've had it for almost a year now and no problems untill that ghey sea foam. Any ideas as what i may have done wrong? I hope its not the IAC valve, or Map sensor. That IAC is like 130 bucks non- GM product.... Any insite?

Re: Weird Idle.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:00 PM
pull the intake apart and spray the $*%$ out of throttle body and manifold with some good carb/intake cleaner...i think the seafoam might have blocked something off...check the pcv valve also...may have messd it up...hope this helps

HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS…EVERY PU**Y NEEDS ONE!
Re: Weird Idle.
Tuesday, April 05, 2005 3:24 PM
yea will probably have to. Guess that will give me somthing to do on thursday. The carb cleaner won't hurt the sensors at all?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search