question about sea foam - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
question about sea foam
Tuesday, March 29, 2005 7:20 PM
as it states its a simple one..
ive used sea foam many times but never back to back.. reason i ask is this time i added the sea foam to my tb and such i experienced more smoke than normal, crap gas in town i dunno anyways can you treat it back to back ie.. warm car dump in 1/3-1/4 of can let sit with off for 5 mins start rev to 2k+ then drive on highway rough then come home.. after the come home part can i do it again? I read the sites info sea foams that is doesnt say nothing reguarding it.. asked o riely dude he was no help he just goes "we sell sea foam? isnt that for fish" anyways any help out there?

beer is like a chick.. well not really its just beer, it be cool thou huh?

Re: question about sea foam
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 5:46 AM
[quote=asked o riely dude he was no help he just goes "we sell sea foam? isnt that for fish" /quote]

gotta love your "Parts Professionals" i wouldn't trust anything an auto parts employee tells me as far as i can throw them...most of the stuff they tell you is to get you to buy their products...

HONDAS ARE LIKE TAMPONS…EVERY PU**Y NEEDS ONE!
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:45 AM
I tried using it.... i poured into right into the TB.. let it sit for the alloted amount of time.. started it up... took a few cranks... no white smoke and its threw my ETS light on and caused my car to shift like neutral bombs for a good 5 min on the way to the dealership. I would never use that crap again!

Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:54 PM
you poured a liquid into your tb... it supposed to run like poo. Dont worry about it .. and yes you can run it back to back... I would take off the tb and clean that out manually first... then suck it in and try and get it to disolve as much carbon in the upper cylinder as possible.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 8:05 PM
C R J wrote:I tried using it.... i poured into right into the TB.. let it sit for the alloted amount of time.. started it up... took a few cranks... no white smoke and its threw my ETS light on and caused my car to shift like neutral bombs for a good 5 min on the way to the dealership. I would never use that crap again!

Thats because you didnt read the directions, It says to put it in while the car is running either through the vacuume line or past your TB. Your car will run like @!#$ for a few min. Turn off car, let sit for 5 mins. Turn car back on with Vacuume hose reconnected and tb in normal operation, let idle for 5 mins, then bring it up to 2k rpms for a min or 2, then drive hwy speeds for 20 or till smoke stops.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Cannon fodder is my daddy.
Wednesday, March 30, 2005 10:14 PM
Yup, you poor it in with the car running and revs around 2K RPM and poor SLOWLY, a spark plug change is reccomended after also.

think about, it you poor it in with the engine off its not going to hit all cylenders, some valves will be closed, common sense

Thursday, March 31, 2005 7:13 PM
Let me go to the pet store and see what they recommend.

Friday, April 01, 2005 6:39 AM
I actually bought some of this yesterday. I've done the GM top engine cleaner before, we'll see how this compares. I've got a lifter noise when the engine is cold so I put some in the oil. Dunno if it will help or not. Probably not.

Friday, April 01, 2005 9:42 AM
Quote:

I've got a lifter noise when the engine is cold so I put some in the oil

I hope you change your oil soon, its only recommended in oil just before an oil change.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:17 AM
Yeah, doing it today, put it in on Thursday. Funny though, the bottle said nothing about running and changing the oil. From the sounds of it, I could leave it in as long as I want.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 10:17 AM
i didn't know you had to run it at highway speeds, i though you just let it idle until the smoke stopped.

When changing gears in life, remember Find 'em, don't Grind 'em.
2003 Silver LS Sport Coupe 5-speed

Saturday, April 02, 2005 4:57 PM
Side note... my car was running while i was pouring it into there... Your suppose to change your plugs after this too? I wonder if that why the idle on my car is still @!#$ty from doing this.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 8:53 PM
YOu dont need to change your plugs after this, But you did it wrong and didnt get everything out so maybe you did foul your plugs, but thats rare. Next time read the directions.

true.

Saturday, April 02, 2005 11:55 PM
Lawnmowerracer wrote:YOu dont need to change your plugs after this, But you did it wrong and didnt get everything out so maybe you did foul your plugs, but thats rare. Next time read the directions.

you dont have to but the main reason to change the plugs is because the cleaner will leave deposits and a coating on the plugs that will not burn off. and depending on how fast you poor it in you can also foul the plugs very easily...

Monday, April 04, 2005 7:43 AM
Lawnmowerracer wrote:YOu dont need to change your plugs after this, But you did it wrong and didnt get everything out so maybe you did foul your plugs, but thats rare. Next time read the directions.

there won't be a next time with this worthless crap.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005 6:30 AM
The stuff works great C R J, I dunno what you did that messed your car up. Unless you had alot of crap in your engine, or a sensor got bumped or didn't get plugged back in when you were done. I did my vehicle and my fiance's this past saturday and I had no problems.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 10:45 AM
he prob messed up a sensor in the TB, What an idoit, if he read the instructions he wouldnt have a problem.

true.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search