broken motor mounts ?? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
broken motor mounts ??
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 1:52 PM
alot of places iv looked i have noticed usually front page has a list of motor mounts for the cavalier, i drive a 96 z24 5-speed and i just had my pipe put on. now i see it has a little more movement to it as usual. check under the hood and find the motor to have more movement then it should.. a couple cars ago i drove a 93 grand am se with a automatic trans and near the end of its life i was starting to beat the hell out of it dropping it into gear n so on n so forth, knowing it would @!#$ @!#$ up.. i knew i broke a motor mount in that car but i have talked to couple differnt cavi drivers and they have all said at one point or another they have had to fix theres too.. my question then is, do cavaliers have that problem of broken mounts alot, or is it just the way its supposed to be??.. any help on this situation would be great.. price on new ones isnt bad, but i dont want to fix a problem that doesnt need fixing..

Re: broken motor mounts ??
Friday, April 08, 2005 8:42 AM
mine just broke on my 2002, & about a month after i got my 95 cav i had to replace them, the stock motor mounts must be @!#$ty
Re: broken motor mounts ??
Friday, April 08, 2005 11:21 AM
What you're probably seeing is the lower mount replacement & the upper mount insert, they're a pretty common simple mod. I had a broken lower mount when my car was maybe 2 years old, but not again & it's 6 years old. If you get the upper insert & lower replacement, your engine won't rock as much. The lower one however causes a lot of vibration & subsequent buzzing! I have just the upper mount in my car & it has decreased the rocking that i had.

I suggest getting them from http://www.carcustoms.net/, Karo ships fast & his prices are great! They're listed on the front page.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search