Serpentine Belt - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Serpentine Belt
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:33 PM
Hello I was wondering if someone could look up a part number for me I need a serpentine belt for a 96 cavalier the vin number is 1g1jc5240t7149263. Also I have a question why does it matter whether I have a/c or not?? Does the serpentine belt run the a/c as well??

Re: Serpentine Belt
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:34 PM
By the way in case someone asks this all the auto parts stores here are closed.
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 6:36 PM
The engine is a 2.2 I4 with a/c sorry forgot that one
Wednesday, April 06, 2005 8:32 PM
First of all....it wouldnt be the smartest thing to put your vin on here.......

Second...your belt drives your power steering pump, alternator, water pump and A/C

So the belt will be different in length if A/C is equiped or not...

Just go to you local parts stoare and give them the vehicle info.....they can give you a belt then ....

Are the parts stores closed like for good....or just closed because its the end of the day....

Wednesday, April 06, 2005 9:10 PM
^ what he said.

And most auto stores have websites that you can look the info up yourself on.. but I'm feeling nice tonight so here:

Serpentine Belt for a 96 Cavy 2.2 w/ AC

They offer a cheaper belt, but you get what you pay for.. so get the better one.

Oh and just some info, the 3rd number in that part number indicate how many ridges the belt has and the last 4 are the length. So your belt (5050835) has 5 ridges and is 83.5 inches long. Just thought I'd throw that out there for those who dont know in case you ever need a belt slightly longer or shorter due to mods or something.

My Car Domain Page

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search