how to remove milky sludge - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how to remove milky sludge
Friday, April 08, 2005 6:20 PM
ok my 93 z blew a intake manifold gasket and coolant miked with the oil and i got milk anyways i was thinking strip the heads off and oil pan and then wash it out, any other ideas?

It looks like Black Rain......
Come alive, The Lotus will set you free....

Re: how to remove milky sludge
Saturday, April 09, 2005 9:25 PM
Buy some GUNK engine cleaner that u pour into the oil to clean containements out of the oil with, its like kerosene and should remove most of the crap.Walmart sells it as most auto stores.And this will not hurt the engine or gaskets as long as u do not use it regularly bc the cleaner can dry out gaskets.I would use double the amount since u have the goo in ur oil just pour it in and run ur ride for 5 minutes at IDLE and then change ur oil and filter,u may want to do this again after say 500 miles with just one can of the eng clean from gunk to clear out all the remaining mess if there is any after the first try.That's my recommendation.

Saturday, April 09, 2005 9:28 PM
Dang I forgot its GUNK engine FLUSH ,not clean but needless to say it's with all the eng additives and cleaners and so forth.

Saturday, April 09, 2005 11:41 PM
diesel fuel

Sunday, April 10, 2005 9:43 AM
thanks for the info

It looks like Black Rain......
Come alive, The Lotus will set you free....
Sunday, April 10, 2005 10:17 AM
use the engine flush and then change the oil ......then change it again in about 500 miles

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search