Engine making "Pop" sound - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Engine making "Pop" sound
Sunday, April 10, 2005 11:05 AM
This is a question that has been on my mind for a few weeks last summer my 87 olds firenza started making a poping sound when i would accelerate form a stand still or go to pass, pretty much any time i would floor it. Now it does not do it when the engine is cold but once it warms up it makes a poping sound, again when I floor it. if anyone knows what the problem maybe could you let me know asap as I am getting ready to get it going for the summer. Also any cheap power mods you have for a 2.0l auto form an 87 firenza let me know im not looking for crazy gains in hp, but something to give it a little more juice.

Curtis Graham
OLDS KOOL

Re: Engine making "Pop" sound
Sunday, April 10, 2005 11:27 AM
Why do you floor it? Theres no reason for it.

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Cannon fodder is my daddy.
Re: Engine making "Pop" sound
Sunday, April 10, 2005 1:22 PM
Not so much florring but any kind of quick acceleration like passing. And what do oyu mean theres no reason to floor it.
Re: Engine making
Sunday, April 10, 2005 1:23 PM
Not so much florring but any kind of quick acceleration like passing. And what do you mean theres no reason to floor it. what kind of a man are you.
Sunday, April 10, 2005 2:09 PM
sounds like cylinder knock, or detonation.

1979 Impala Sport Coupe Aeroback
Sunday, April 10, 2005 3:25 PM
could you recommend a remedy or the problem liek bad plug wires or something please give me some detail so I can try it.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search