Headlight problem - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Headlight problem
Sunday, January 16, 2005 9:44 PM
Here's my problem: My passenger side headlight is brighter than my driver's side headlight. What could be the problem ? Is it my alignment of the headlights off. My silverstars bulbs are only about 1 year old I don't drive much at night so it can't really be the bulbs. Is it a fuse or a light socket. Just let me know if anybody else has had this problem and how they fixed it.

Re: Headlight problem
Sunday, January 16, 2005 10:17 PM
test the voltage on each connection, if they are not the same you have an electrical fault, if the voltage is the same then replace your lamps and they should be the same brightness..

<br>

where to go and what to do?
the choice is up to you!!!!
Monday, January 17, 2005 8:29 AM
Ok heres what it normally is, Check your headlight relay. Its in the fuse panel and i take mine out to disable the DRL's and if i turn my lights on then one is brighter than the other, You probably have a loose or bad relay. <br>

Monday, January 17, 2005 11:13 AM
but the thing is when u take ourt ur DRL relay, ur pass (right) side head light loses lhigh beams, meaning it would be dimmer, not brighter
Saturday, April 09, 2005 2:21 PM
Ok today I went out a put brand new set of silverstars bulbs in and now the driverside headlight is brighter the passenger. So could it be that I have bad fuses or the connection is bad. I tried the DRL relay didn't work.

Thanks
Monday, April 11, 2005 6:21 AM
try swapping bulbs...get a multimeter and check the voltages at the headlight plugs..one should be hot 12v all the time, and the other 2 will be ground low and ground high when the respected mode is selected. you cant have bad fuses, either they work or they dont.. you can also check the connection under/near the battery for corrosion..i've seen that quite a few times, and i also had that problem on my 99 fire..had a wire corroded so bad it broke in 2 from the harness...good luck, and hope this helps a little.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search