Bang / clunk while driving -- cv? diff? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Bang / clunk while driving -- cv? diff?
Monday, April 11, 2005 10:18 AM
OK yesterday the car was fine all day, then i go out in the evening and as i turned out of my driveway i hear a crunch that sounded like i ran over something, i got out and looked and there was nothing on the road or drive way i hit, no parts falling of the car or anything, so i continued on.

As i am driving there is a loud hard bang coming form the front passenger side everytime i hit the gas, or let the clutch out. the car is driving fine and cruises fine, but when i take off, or blip the gas while cruising, the bang happens and it sounds like something in the front end it gunna fall off.

Could it be a half busted axle? Has anyone else had this problem?

Re: Bang / clunk while driving -- cv? diff?
Monday, April 11, 2005 10:26 AM
could be anything...motor mount, cv joint letting go, check your strut mounts as well, and your struts.. its probably a strut mount..

Monday, April 11, 2005 10:45 AM
not a strut mount that's for sure, i have had enough of them go bad to know what that is. This is a big clunk the makes the car jerk. I have never felt this in a car before at all. even cv joints usually make a clicking when they are going bad, but this is a violent clunk. I am just hoping its not the tranny or the diff...becuase i just sold my spare tranny a week ago.

i am not even driving the car today because i didn't think i would make it to work. i am using the winter beater for now.

i was just hoping someone else has had the same thing and figured it out.
Monday, April 11, 2005 10:57 AM
mine did that when i got on the gas.. my motor mount was lose

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search