WTF? Turbo sound but no turbo! - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
WTF? Turbo sound but no turbo!
Sunday, April 10, 2005 10:33 AM
hey everybody, just lookin for some help, i have had exhaust for some time now and it seems like every time i shift it makes a sound somewhat similar to a BOV, plus my car has a buzzing sound, much like a piped out honda. any comments/ reccomendations are welcome. thanks

1996 Cavalier Z24-1976 302 powered 280Z
What the heck is a "Datsun" ?

Re: WTF? Turbo sound but no turbo!
Sunday, April 10, 2005 11:30 AM
why complain?

“Facts are meaningless. You could use facts to prove anything that’s even remotely
true.

Cannon fodder is my daddy.
Sunday, April 10, 2005 2:14 PM
exhaust leak maybe??

Sunday, April 10, 2005 4:42 PM
Lawnmowerracer wrote:why complain?

haha I know I wouldn't

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
04 Cavy LS Sport

Sunday, April 10, 2005 5:54 PM
What is a piped out Honda?

My friend had somewhat of this problem on his eclipse, it was a loose fanbelt or something.

Sunday, April 10, 2005 7:34 PM
serpintine belt? i put one on my car not sure the brand and now i have a turbo sound. not the bov just the spooling up. anywho i dont complain
Sunday, April 10, 2005 8:28 PM
mine sounds liek that and had it looked at by my grandpa and dad which both used to be mechanics and they both said the bearings in the alternator are wearing out and if u put ur ear right by my alternator that is where the sound is comin from so maybe check that
Sunday, April 10, 2005 8:56 PM
yeah my alternator is shot and I had that same sound, like a swooshing sound, and when I accelerated hard it sounded like a spooling turbo... pretty cool until the car died

Monday, April 11, 2005 12:30 PM
A friend of mine used a piece of flexpipe in his exhaust and it makes a turbo sound when he revs it up.

Proud member of Gateway J-Body Owners
Monday, April 11, 2005 3:43 PM
I just put my lips tightly together, shift and say,

PSHHHHH

That's how *I* roll.

---

Monday, April 11, 2005 4:06 PM
doubler wrote:serpintine belt? i put one on my car not sure the brand and now i have a turbo sound. not the bov just the spooling up. anywho i dont complain
my friend drove a Saturn had the same thing, you could hear it a 1/4 mile away.

"Official Jewish J-Body"

Monday, April 11, 2005 4:40 PM
My intake makes a sound in between 2nd/3rd gear shifts when redlining that sounds similiar to a BOV, but much toned down. I laugh each time and dream!

Monday, April 11, 2005 10:42 PM
Joe Schulte wrote:My intake makes a sound in between 2nd/3rd gear shifts when redlining that sounds similiar to a BOV, but much toned down. I laugh each time and dream!

yay im not alone!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search