Check Engine light help - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Check Engine light help
Monday, April 11, 2005 11:10 AM
ok yesterday my check engine light just turned on. I went to an murrys to get the code read, but they dont do that. . .atleast no for free, i can rent the tool but thats it. Anways heres my car so you know whats the situation.

2001 Cavalier Z24 Automatic
Gm Supercharger package
2.6 Pulley
B&M Shift Plus
PaceSetter Header-Brand new
Universal Cat-Brand new

ok so now i have a check engine light. But my trac off light is also on. This normally only tuns on if i have the B&M Shiftplus turned on, but now it turns on all the time along with the check engine light. So far i havent noticed anything unusual about the car. Runs fine, idles smooth, starts fine, no knocks or ticking noises. My NarrowBand 02 sensor shows rich when im a WOT. I just had the pacesetter header and a universal cat installed on saturday.

Any help would be appreciated, also do you know of any other places that will scan and read codes for free? Could this be a bad O2 sensor and i need a 02 simulator now?

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77

Re: Check Engine light help
Monday, April 11, 2005 11:38 AM
Find an autozone and get the code, could be a LOT of things, hard to guess just by what you've recently done.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, April 11, 2005 2:21 PM
any sensors on the shiftplus ect.. tranny? that could of came lose? take a flash light and look and make sure all the sensors u can see atleast are plugged in and no dangling wires ect..

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 10:04 AM
i got it scanned, it came back with a Bank1 Oxygen Sensor slow response, any ideas? It was shown twice.

2006 Black Cobalt SS Supercharged G85
13.91@102.77
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search