Emissions testing? - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Emissions testing?
Monday, April 11, 2005 10:22 AM
I live in Phoenix AZ and drive a 2000 cavi. It's time to renew my vehicle registration and it is also saying that Emissions testing is required. So my question is can having dual exhaust tips and a wai cause my car to fail emissions?

Re: Emissions testing?
Monday, April 11, 2005 1:48 PM
It should be fine. I have a 98 with cai and I've passed with flying colours twice.
Monday, April 11, 2005 1:53 PM
thanks.i think it will fine too my dad just had me freaked out about it. cuz i never had to have my car tested before

Monday, April 11, 2005 11:35 PM
Emisions usually are only regulated through the Catalytic Converter. All a warm air intake does is allows more air to enter the engine, and all the dual exhaust does is reduces the amount of exhaust coming out of a single pipe. I know this is quite obvious, but I highly doubt either will change emissions.

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Monday, April 11, 2005 11:37 PM
Oh yeah, and dads are well know for worrying kids about their cars. Every time I add the smallest thing to my car my dad comes up with the most unlikely ways it could possibly kill me.

-Nate (ZeeTwankyFo)

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 8:14 AM
ZeeTwankyFo wrote:Oh yeah, and dads are well know for worrying kids about their cars. Every time I add the smallest thing to my car my dad comes up with the most unlikely ways it could possibly kill me.

No Kidding mine is the same way. he was telling me that it will cost a whole bunch of money to even get it to pass emissions and that i'm totally screwed. i usually just ignore him.
Thanks guys

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:51 AM
Well are all of your sensors hoocked up? If not, it might ot pass the visual.

When in doupt, grub.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search