Odometer flashing “ERROR” - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Odometer flashing “ERROR”
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 10:06 AM
What a weird way to start a morning, my 2004 cavalier started to flash "error" where the odometer usually is. The idiot lights started to flash, the gas and rpm gauges started going up and down. The car was still drivable, about 2 or 3 minutes later it disappeared any ideas on what causes that? Btw it was the first time it has happened, 5200km on the car.

thanks
Randy

------------------------------------------------------------
2004 Cavalier
1989 Plymouth Sundance

Re: Odometer flashing “ERROR”
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:52 AM
Dont you have a warranty a 2004, my 04 has 36,000 miles warranty.

- 2004 Cavalier - 124k, owned since new

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:22 PM
sounds like dust in the cluster..next time it does it, smack the top of the dash just above the cluster and see if it goes away..mine did something similar (99 fire) but the odometer would only show the top 1/2 of the digits.. smacked it and it hasnt reoccured in about 4 mos now..

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 5:22 PM
when i installed a headunit in my 2000 sunfire i touched the wrong wires together and it did the same thing

04 sunfire auto, mid 15's n/a, and still going
Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:33 AM
I have had the same problem. with my odometer messing up on me. Kinda looks like chinness or japanese writting flash where mine is at.

Thursday, April 14, 2005 11:50 AM
If you've recently installed a stereo of something, recheck all your grounds. If you've done nothing that could cause this, take it in for warranty.

15.3 @ 89.97mph, 14's on the way?

For Sale:
'01 SFGT springs $50CAN
Getrag '00-'02 2.4 8000kms $800
Friday, April 15, 2005 9:29 AM
hi everyone, i'm new to jbo!!! i to am having problems with my cluster on my 01 sunfire gt, the odometer flickers, my gauges will go hay wire,DRL stopped working, right side headlights and fog lights just stopped all of a sudden, my buddy is a GM master tech who is gonna takle the prob this sunday,will let you what the prob. is if i find out!
Friday, April 15, 2005 9:27 PM
had the same prob awhile ago, jbo members told me it was the theftlock screwing up. dont know if that was it or not. next time it does that shut it of and turn it on about 3 more times and it should go away

2000 Camaro V6.
| SLP Loudmouth | CAI Intake | HID's |

Sunday, April 17, 2005 10:40 AM
Ive had the same problem in my 2k Z24 since i installed a deck. Except its just my odometer backlights dont work. A buddy and myself are going to fix this problem next week. We are both pretty good with electronics. We figured how to get the needles off the cluster in a 2k to install a printed up overlay.

Anyways, Ill post some pics, and see if i can post some fixes to your problems. I know the solutions will vary with the generation of the car. And i would definitly agree with taking it in for warrenty work before you mess with your odometer, if u can.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search