? about PW motor replacement.... - Maintenance and Repair Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
? about PW motor replacement....
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 11:34 AM
anyone know of an online guide for this?
i took my door panel off and still gonna check to see if there is power getting there...but

from the look of the motor the casing is rivited in and looks like a real pain to get out, however it also looks like the actual "motor" part may slide out the end of it...but thats just from a quick look, was hoping to get some info

thx

Re: ? about PW motor replacement....
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 9:09 PM
you have to drill out 4-6 rivets depending on if you have a cavalier or sunfire, and then remove the rivets holding the motor, replace, and re-install

1998 Chevrolet Cavalier
5-spd

Re: ? about PW motor replacement....
Thursday, April 14, 2005 9:31 AM
PW are fun to do. I just redid mine. the other weekend. I think I had like 6 rivets. the biggest thing is make sure you get it locked in place good. Also not sure if you got a ebay motor or an actual replacement motor but if you got an ebay motor you may have a hard time getting the rivets back in. I ended up using some flat head screws shorted so they didn't stick out to far and put the nut on the outside of the door to hold it in place. If i remember to I will take some pictures this weekend of what i did so you can see if you havn't gotten it by then. Good Luck

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search